Kanohm Jeen Nahmya recipe
cooking kit size: 3 servings
cooking kit includes:
- SimpliThai Kanohm Jeen curry cooking sauce
- coconut milk
- vermicelli noodles
- green onions
- kaffir lime leafs
- mint leafs
you simply add: your choice of protein & 3-4 hard-boiled eggs
- chicken thighs
- chicken breast
- 1 cup of your protein choice
- 5 cups of potable water (for noodles)
- 1½ cup potable water or your favorite broth (for curry)
- shred cabbage finely; soak in a big bowl of ice water (makes for some nice and crispy cabbage)
- finely chop green onions
- 3-4 hard-boiled eggs (you know what to do... or use Google™?)
- chop up vegetables to your preference (recommendation: chop slice them diagonally into ~2" strips)
- and... any fresh veggies you like to have in your salads, add to your discretion
- Add 5 cups of water to medium-large pot and bring it to a stove on [high] heat. Once the water starts boiling, add noodles. Let the noodles cook for 10 min. Make sure to stir them occasionally (to prevent them sticking together).
- Drain noodles, and rinse them with cold water until the noodles are cold.
- This third step is for presentation only, if it's confusing, just skip it. Pick up some noodles with your thumb & index finger, then with the other hand wrap them around your index finger until there's a neatly looped bunch of noodles. Put that bunch on the plate, repeat for the rest of the noodles. Leave plate of noodles aside.
- Add ½ the coconut milk can to a medium pot (or saucepan), bring it to a stove on [medium-low] heat. As soon as the coconut milk starts to bubble, add the curry cooking sauce. Stir well. Let it cook for 5 min. Then add chopped protein. Stir, let the meat cook ½ way.
- Add the rest of the coconut milk, and add the prepared water (or broth/stock). Set stove to [medium] heat. Bring it to a boil and let it cook for 15 min. or until the meat is cooked to your preference.
- Give the curry a taste, adjust taste accordingly. When satisfied, turn off the stove. Add in the chopped green onions.
- To serve: Put the noodles on a plate or big bowl. Pour some of the curry on top of the noodles. Top with shredded cabbage, fresh mint leafs, and any other veggies you like! Enjoy! :]