specials - Gang Om
cooking kit size: 3 servings
cooking kit includes:
- SimpliThai Gang Om soup cooking sauce
- herbal roasted rice powder
- various squashes
- kaffir lime leafs
- dill leafs
you simply add: your choice of protein
- chicken thighs
- chicken breast
- more vegetables (green onions, cabbage, pumpkins, are some ideas...)
- ½-1 lb. of your protein choice — chop to bite-size
- 2½ cups of potable water or your favorite broth
- cut bokchoy and squashes to preferred sizes (bite-size for instance)
- cut lemongrass diagonally
- tear kaffir lime leafs
- chop dill leafs
- mince Thai chili (optional)
- Add water/broth into medium-large pot and bring to stove on [medium-high] heat.
- Add lemongrass and kaffir lime leafs into pot and bring to a boil.
- When the water is boiling, add chopped meat (if you cook with no meat, then skip to the next step), give it a quick stir, then let the meat cook well.
- When the meat is cooked, add all the vegetables (except the dill leafs).
- Add ½ the bag of SimpliThai Gang Om soup cooking sauce to taste — adding more as needed. Stir well, and bring it to a boil again and let the vegetables cook to your satisfaction.
- Turn off stove, stir in chopped dill leafs and herbal roasted rice powder.
- You may enjoy Gang Om by itself; or serve with Jasmine rice or your choice of carbohydrate. Enjoy! :]