Pad Khing (Ginger Stir Fry)
cooking kit size: 3 servings
cooking kit includes:
- SimpliThai Premium Stir-fry Sauce
- 2 inches long ginger
- 200 g mushroom
- Yellow onion
- green onion
- bell pepper
- 2 cups uncooked Jasmine rice, (make 4 cup cooked rice)
- Thai chili (optional)
you simply add: your choice of protein ( 1-2 cup of chopped protien)
- chicken breast
- start to prepare rice
- ¼ cup of water
- 1-3 tsp cooking oil
- peel ginger (if prefer) and cut ginger into stripes or shred it
- prepare 1-1½ cups of your choice of protein, chopping to bite-size (if shrimp: peel and de-vein)
- cut bell pepper and yellow onion in to long small stripes or cubes
- shop green onions into ~ 1 inch long
- chop/mince/crush garlic
- chop/mince/crush the (optional) Thai chili
- Bring a medium-large size pan to a stovetop on [medium-high] heat.
- When the pan is hot, add cooking oil.
(If using tofu, add it now. When it turns a light brown then add the garlic and optional chili.)
- Add minced garlic and (optional) Thai chili.
- As soon as the garlic turns a light golden-brown, add the meat. Stir for a few min. then add only ½ the SimpliThai Stir-fry Sauce.
- Add water, stir for a bit and let the meat cook.
- Add ginger, stir, let it cook for about 3-5 min.
- Then add bell pepper, mushrooms, yellow onions. stir and let cook a bit.
- Taste it. Adjust the taste by either adding more SimpliThai Stir-fry Sauce or more water.
- When you're satisfied with the taste, stir in the chopped green onions.
- Turn off the stove.
- Serve with rice. Enjoy! :]