SimpliThai Tae Poh Curry Recipe
cooking kit size:
cooking kit includes:
- SimpliThai Red Curry cooking sauce
- 400 ml coconut milk (Aroy-D)
- 1 bunch of morning glory (long and thin leaves)
- 1 bunch of potatoes leaves
- kaffir lime leafs
- 2 cup Thai Jasmine rice (makes 4 cups cooked)
- Thai chilis (optional)
you simply add:
your choice of (1-2 cups) protein
- pork belly
- pork pork shoulder
- chicken tights
- start to prepare rice
- prepare 1-2 cups of chopped/sliced meat
- prepare 1½ cups of potable water or your favorite broth
- chop morning glory to 1" long
- chop potatoes leaves 1" long. May include stems if not too hard to eat.
- shred/chop the kaffir lime leaves
- bring 1/4 cup of water, then squeeze tamarind in the water until soft.
- chop/mince/crush the (optional) Thai chili
- Bring pot to stove on [medium-low] heat, add just ½ the can of coconut milk.
- When the coconut milk starts bubbling — add SimpliThai Red Curry Sauce, tamarind, keep stirring for 2 min or until you start to see some layer of oil forming.
- Then add chopped meat. stir and let cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the water, add the rest of the coconut milk, stir. Turn heat to [medium-high] to bring it to a boil.
- Once boiling, lower heat to medium low until the meat is cooke to your satisfaction.
- Add chopped vegetable (prepared above) , (optional) Thai chili, and kaffir lime leaf. Let cook for ~2-3 min. or until the bell pepper is cooked to your satisfaction. May add salt & sugar to taste.
- Turn off stove. Serve with rice.