SimpliThai Pad Kee Mao recipe
cooking kit size:
cooking kit includes:
- SimpliThai Stir-fry cooking sauce (60 ml.)
- 200g flat rice noodles
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow onion
- 1-2 sprigs of Thai basil
- ~5 cloves garlic
- 1 cup Thai Jasmine rice (becomes 2 cups cooked)
- Thai chilis, optional
you simply add:
your choice of (~300g) protein
- chicken breast
- Cook noodles; add 4-5 cups of potable water to a medium-sized pot, bring to stove on high heat. Add noodles. Once boiling, let cook for 10-15 min. (or until desired texture is reached), stirring occasionally. Rinse with cold water and put aside.
- prepare ¼ cup potable water or your favorite broth (for cooking stir-fry)
- pick basil leaves from the stem, throw away the stems
- chop bell pepper & onion to bite-sized pieces
- chop/mince garlic
- prepare your protein choice (if meat: chop to bite-size, you may also use 2 eggs as a protein choice)
- chop/mince/crush the (optional) Thai chili
- To a stovetop on [medium-high] heat bring a non-stick pan, add ½-1 tbsp cooking oil, then add half of the garlic and (optional) Thai chili.
- When the garlic turns a golden-brown, add noodles.
- Stir and let it cook for about 5 minutes then set noodle aside on the plate. (If you want to add eggs, refer to Pad See You recipes, steps 4 & 5)
- In the (now empty) pan, add 1-3 tsp cooking oil, add the remaining half of the garlic, add meat, stir.
- Let cook for ~5 min. or until meat is half-cooked, at this point add in ½ the SimpliThai Holy Basil Stir-fry Sauce, stir well, add ¼ cups water, stir, and let meat cook.
- When meat is cooked, add onion, red bell peppers and noodles.
- Stir everything together, add more SimpliThai Holy Basil Stir-fry Sauce to taste.
- Let it cook for 5 min. or until water reduces and then stir in Thai basil, turn off the stove. And serve.