SimpliThai NamTohk Recipe
cooking kit size:
4 servings (need 2 tbsp of cooking sauce)
cooking kit includes:
- SimpliThai Lahb Namtok cooking sauce
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 bunch green onion
- 2-3 sprigs Sweet Thai basil (if available)
- 1/2 lb cabbage, or napa cabbage, or lettuce head.
- 2 tbsp of roasted rice powder
- 1 lime
- roasted chilli powder or fresh Thai chilis (optional)
you simply add:
your choice of 1 lb protein (we recommend fatty meat)
we want to see fat dripping when you grill your meat.
- pork shoulder
- chop cilantro and green onion.
- dice red onions
- Thai basil:Take out leave from stems & roughly chop or use whole leaves.
- a pinch of salt to taste
- slice meat into thin slice for grilling. Then sprinkle some salt.
- 2 tbsp warm water. (you can pop it in the microwave for 30 second)
- chop/mince/crush the (optional) Thai chili
- grill your meat! For beef, you can cook as your steak preference: rare, medium or well done. Up to you.
- While meat is cooking, Let prepare the rest. Grab a salad bowl. (medium size at least.
- Add warm water, 2 tbsp of Lahb Namtohk sauce, 1 tsp chilli powder, 2 tbsp roasted rice powder, lime ( ~ 1 tbsp ),
- Then add red onion, cilantro, green onion, Thai basil. and mix well.
- May adjust taste by adding more cooking sauce, chili, and lime. Then put it aside.
- When meat is cooked. Let it cool down a bit (~ 5 minutes ) before starting to slice it. Because we don't want to loose it's juice.
- Once slice all meat, Then toss into the salad bowl from step 5.
- You may cut cabbage, lettuce or napa cabbage into ~ 2x2 inches size. When you serve you can scoop Lahb on these leaves and enjoy. Or you can serve with rice if needed.