SimpliThai Matsaman Curry recipe
cooking kit size:
cooking kit includes:
- SimpliThai Matsaman Curry cooking sauce
- 400 ml. coconut milk (Aroy-D)
- 1 lb gold/yellow potatoes
- a few raw carrots
- 1-2 yellow onion
- ~100 g. home-made roasted peanuts
- spices (1-2 sticks of cinnamon, 2-3 star anise pods, a few bay leafs (3-4))
- 2 cup Thai Jasmine rice (becomes 4 cups cooked)
- Thai chilis (optional)
you simply add:
your choice (1½-2 cups) of protein
- chicken thighs
- start to prepare rice
- prepare 1½-2 cups of chopped/sliced meat (or protein substitute)
- prepare 2 cups of potable water or your favorite broth
- chop potatoes (rinse well to remove starch), onions & carrots into bite-size pieces
- chop/mince/crush the (optional) Thai chili
- Bring big pot to stove on [medium-low] heat, add just ½ the can of coconut milk.
- When the coconut milk starts bubbling, add SimpliThai Matsaman Curry Sauce. Keep stirring occasionally to prevent burning, keep stirring ~2-3 min.
- Add the meat and stir, let it cook for 5-10 min. (or until meat is half-cooked (change in color)).
- Add the water, add the rest of the coconut milk, stir. Turn heat to [medium-high] to bring it to a boil.
- When it boils, add chopped potatoes, carrots, yellow onions, peanuts, (optional) Thai chili, and spices (cinnamon, star anise, and bay leafs). Stir well and bring it to a boil.
- When it boils again, lower the heat to [medium-low] and let it simmer for 15-20 minutes or until you are pleased with the texture of the meat & vegetables. (adjust the overall taste of the curry with salt and/or water)
- Then turn off stove.
Serve with rice.