SimpliThai Lahb Recipe
cooking kit size:
4 servings (need 2 tbsp of cooking sauce)
cooking kit includes:
- SimpliThai Lahb Namtok cooking sauce
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 bunch green onion
- 1 bunch mint (if available)
- 1/2 lb cabbage, or napa cabbage, or lettuce head.
- 2 tbsp of roasted rice powder
- 1 lime
- roasted chilli powder or fresh Thai chilis (optional)
you simply add:
your choice of (2 cups) ground protein
- chop cilantro, green onion, and mint
- dice red onions
- 1/2 cup of clean water
- a pinch of salt to taste
- chop/mince/crush the (optional) Thai chili
- Bring medium size pot or pan to stove on [medium-low] heat, add water.
- When the water start to boil, add ground meat, add a pinch of salt, stir and let fully cooked.
- Turn off stove, add 2 table spoons of Lahb Namtok sauce, 2 tbsp roasted rice powder, and chilli powder ( to your spicy level )., mix well, taste it to check if it's spicy and salty enough.
- Then add red onion, cilantro, green onion, mint. and squeeze 1/2 lime. Then Mix well.
- May adjust taste by adding more cooking sauce, chili, and lime.
- You may cut cabbage, lettuce or napa cabbage into ~ 2x2 inches size. When you serve you can scoop Lahb on these leaves and enjoy. Or you can serve with rice if needed.