SimpliThai Gang Jeud (Clear Broth Soup) Recipe
cooking kit size:
cooking kit includes:
- SimpliThai Premium Stir Fry cooking sauce
- Bean Thread Noodles
- a handful of Shiitake mushrooms (~300g)
- Opo Squash (Asian squash) ~ 1 lb size
- a handful of Chinese celery (or regular celery)
- a handful of cilantro sprigs (about 10)
- 1-2 carrots
- Fried Garlic
- Ground white pepper
you simply add:
your choice of (1½ cups) protein
- Ground pork, or chicken
- shrimp or other seafood
- wash all vegetables
- Opo Squash: peel skin, and cut lengthwise. May remove seeds if prefer. Then cut into bite size.
- Cilantro: chop of the stems then smash it slightly (will keep this to make broth). Then chop the rest into small pieces for garnishing later.
- Chinese celery: chop in to small pieces ~ 1 inch long.
- Marinating meat or tofu. ( Skip this step if vegetable is used.) In a bowl, mix ~ 2 tbsp of stir fry sauce, white pepper and meat well and put aside.
- Bean thread noodles: submerge in water and let soak for 10-15 minutes. Then rinse and cut noodles into ~ 2 inches long. Put aside.
- Shiitake mushrooms: slice thinly or as prefer
- Carrots: shred or chop into small pieces.
- 3 cups of water or prefer broth.
- chop/mince/crush Thai chili (optional)
- add 3 cups water to medium to large -sized pot, bring to stove on [medium-high] heat
- add smashed cilantro stems. and bring to boil.
- when it boils, add meat or tofu, stir and bring to boil for a few minutes. (if using vegetable only skip this step)
- Add Opo squash and carrots, quick stir then let it cook for 10-15 minutes. or until meat and squash cooked.
- Add the rest of Stir fry sauce to taste. May add more salt as needed.
- Then add mushrooms and noodles. stir and let cook for another 5 minutes.
- Stir in Cilantro, Celery and fried onion
- turn off stove, stir in chopped cilantro