Skip to content
- 2 cups water (for all cooking methods)
Method 1: Rice Cooker
- You should already know what to do. (refer to your rice cooker’s manual)
Method 2: Microwave
- Put rice in a (3-4 cup size) microwavable bowl and add the 2 cups of water that were prepared. Stir thoroughly.
- Microwave for 15 minutes.
- Take it out of the microwave, cover the bowl with a tight lid and let it continue to warm for 5-10 min., softening the rice.
Method 3: Stove Top
- Put rice in a medium (~4 cup sized) pot and add the 2 cups of water that were prepared. Stir thoroughly.
- Turn stove to [high] heat.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to [medium] and let it simmer for about 10 minutes or until no water is left. Then turn off stove.
- Cover the pot with a tight lid, allowing the rice to warm/soften in the pot for another 15 minutes.